Infographic: Integrated Development Environments
Integrated development environments
An integrated development environment (IDE) can increase the productivity of DBAs and developers by automating the development and management of multiple databases.
- * Navigation: Database professionals need to navigate the connected databases with visibility of database objects and tables.
- * Platform support: Database professionals can leverage a tool’s capabilities to accomplish a variety of simple and repeatable tasks by selecting the options specific to the target platforms.
- * Cross-platform capability: Database professionals who use a tool that handles multiple platforms with a consistent interface can reduce their learning curve and improve their effectiveness.
- * SQL code: Database developers prefer to write their own queries, using coding features such as formatting and autocomplete.
- * Code access: Database developers can leverage version control and file sharing to encourage code reuse.
- * Change management: The ability to display changes to objects such as indexes, tables, and procedures also helps developers identify the steps needed to restore the environment to its optimal state.
- * Database efficiency: Tools can also help developers write code by importing and exporting data from external files, performing object searches, and navigating databases on multiple platforms.
The current business environment is pushing organizations to do more with less, resulting in cost-cutting efforts such as process improvement and organizational realignment. This is making database integrated development environments (IDEs) an increasingly important tool for operating in an era dominated by data-driven business.
Aqua Data Studio helps database developers and administrators, and data and business analysts to manage data platforms and data, and visually analyze data. Unlike its competition, it provides a unique combination of a full-featured database IDE and visual analytics, the broadest range of native data sources, versatile import and export, advanced SQL query development and optimization, extensive comparison of databases and data, and powerful team collaboration.