Video : Database Administration Tools for Oracle Database
Oracle Database is so popular because of several reasons:
- Performance: We know Oracle Database for its high performance, capable of handling large amounts of data.
- Flexible standards: Oracle Database is built on strong fundamentals, including the structured query language (SQL), multiple-version read consistency, non-blocking queries, non-escalating row-level locking, transactions, and programmable database features.
- Scalability: Oracle Database can scale from small to large enterprises, making it suitable for a wide range of applications and organizations.
- Reliability: Oracle Database can be reliable, secure, and robust, which is crucial for businesses that rely on their databases for critical operations.
Database administration is important for Oracle Database because it involves maintaining, securing, and operating databases, ensuring that data is correctly stored and retrieved. Database administrators (DBAs) play a crucial role in working with developers to design and implement new features, as well as troubleshoot any issues. They make enterprise data available to its users and must collaborate with system administrators to ensure that physical resources are adequate and used.
Aqua Data Studio provides database administration tools for Oracle Database. The tools comprise eight tools to manage every aspect of an Oracle Database. The tools include:
* Instance Manager: Provides manageability of the Oracle instance, allowing the user to view and change server parameters. This includes the monitoring and backup of the Oracle controlfile.
* Storage Manager: Provides manageability of the Oracle tablespaces and datafiles. This allows a user to visualize and maintained storage. That includes object and file input and output (IU) statistics.
* Rollback Manager: Provides the monitoring and maintenance or rollback segments, including current statements, transactions, and execution plans.
* Log Manager: Provides manageability of Redo Logs and Archive Logs. This allows users to create and manage redo logs, including monitoring archive logs.
* Security Manager: Provides manageability of users, roles, and profiles. This allows the user to manage permissions, roles, and security of the Oracle database.
* Session Manager: Provides the manageability of database sessions, including user and system locks. This allows the user to kill and disconnect sessions, start traces and monitor open cursors and user queries with execution plans.
* SGA Manager: Provides manageability of the Oracle system global area (SGA) area, including SQL Area, Lib Cache, Lib Cache Stats and a summary of the SGA. This allows users to pin and unpin code.
* Server Statistics: Summarizes statistics for the Oracle instance, waits, and latches.
Explore the extensive support that Aqua Data Studio provides for database administration for Oracle Database.
Aqua Data Studio - Oracle DBA Tools
Aqua Data Studio is the universal database integrated development environment (IDE) for Database Developers, DBAs, and Analysts. It allows you to develop, access, manage, and visually analyze data. Whether you are working with relational, NoSQL, or cloud databases, your data is easily and quickly accessible with Aqua Data Studio.
Aqua Data Studio provides an Oracle client and management tool for the Oracle relational database with administration and development capabilities and a database query tool. Aqua Data Studio provides customers the ability to register, connect, query and analyze relational databases stored in Oracle, including Amazon RDS connections. In this video, see the extensive support that Aqua Data Studio provides for Oracle database administration with Oracle DBA Tools.